Tuesday 8 May 2018

Happy Birthday Dad

I made this card for my father-in-law's birthday using the aptly named papers 'Father Knows Best'!  I'm entering the Seize the Birthday 'Anything Goes' challenge. The card and papers are from my snippets drawer so I'm also heading over to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 7" x 5" white silk
Dies: My Favourite Things 'Fishtail Flags', Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Hexagons'
Embossing: Kars tan embossing mat
Other: Star button, black/white baker's twine, computer generated sentiment 'Harrington' font
Snippets: Black matt card, white silk card, Lili of the Valley 'Father Knows Best' paper

I die cut and embossed hexagons from snippets of paper and attached them to a piece of paper using Collall All Purpose glue to give a little 'wriggle room'.  This panel was trimmed and layered onto black card before being attached to the card blank.  I printed the sentiment onto white card and die cut a fishtail flag.  I drew around the die onto a piece of black card to make a matt layer and then cut the shape out.  The white flag was layered onto the black matt and attached to the left side of the card.  To finish I tied baker's twine through the button and attached it to the left of the sentiment with Pinflair glue.

Kath x

8 comments:

Pat said...

I love your patchwork using up the pieces of paper and a great mix for a masculine card Kath, and the fishtail banner for the sentiment, plus the button with baker's twine through it are the perfect finishing touches. x

Barbara said...

Great way to use up pieces of pattern paper and your combination looks wonderful. Love the addition of the wooden star. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday anything goes challenge.
Barbara DT member

Lisa said...

So beautiful!! I love the mixture of papers you used!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Fab card for your fil.

Hope you are having a nice day. Sue

meg said...

Great design the hexagons are smashing

Valerija said...

Beautiful design, your card is wonderful!
Valerija xx

Di said...

Wow Kath! You almost caught me out with this brilliant card - until you explained about cutting and adhering the hexagons I had it in my mind that it was far too perfect to be made up of snippetty hexagons. Go you - love it!

Lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs
Di xx

Janice said...

You have made a fabulous background with the hexagons, a great masculine card Kath.
Janice x