Sunday 1 April 2018

All White Bauble

It's time for a new challenge at Christmas Crafts All Year Round and we want to see your 'All White' creations.  I'm entering the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge 'Anything Christmas Goes' and the The Merry Christmas Challenge 'Always Anything Goes + Christmas'.


Card blank: 5" x 5" white matt
Dies: Marianne Design Creatables 'Christmas Bauble' (magazine freebie), Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Standard Circles Large'
Embossing: Apple Blossom 'Holly' folder (magazine freebie)
Card: White matt and white pearlescent
Other: White ribbon

I embossed a piece of white card, trimmed it around the border, layered it onto a slightly larger piece of white pearlescent card and attached it to the front of the card.  I die cut the Christmas bauble from pearlescent card and also a circle of the same size. I attached the bauble to the circle.  I then die cut the bauble from white matt card and inlaid the pieces into the bauble.  I normally run an inlaid die cut through my Cuttlebug to ensure everything is flat, but as the bauble had some embossing I rolled it with a brayer instead so it wasn't flattened too much. The bauble was attached to the centre with foam tape.  To finish I made a small white ribbon bow and attached it to the top of the bauble with a blob of Pinflair glue.

Kath x

13 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Love the ornament and the holly embossing folder! Gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

I love white on white cards and this one is beautiful, love that gorgeous Holly embossing
Hugs Kaz xx

meg said...

You created a beautiful card so much texture and definition

Lisa xx said...

Really like WoW, always looks thoroughly tasteful....and this looks very much so. Also just realised that I have that bauble die - unused!!! Must remedy that soon

Sue said...

Ali, That is so elegant.

Hope you are having a nice day. Sue

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

Janis Lewis said...

Me again. Thanks for joining us at The Holly & Ivy challenge.

Lisa said...

This is so elegant and beautiful!! I love the white on white and the embossing!! Gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

KandA said...

Gorgeous all white card and the bauble looks fabulous against the embossed background xx

Valerija said...

Its a fabulous card. I love it!
Valerija xx

foleysfriend said...

What a lovely and elegant monochromatic card. Loving the texture for interest. Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas challenge.

sue

Jules said...

Hi Kath

This is absolutely stunning and I can't believe so many of the supplies were magazine freebies!! You have used them really well!

Just love it!!

I hope you have had a lovely Easter break.

Love Jules xx

Janice said...

A stunning Christmas card, I do love white on white!
Janice x