Friday 2 March 2018

My heart belongs to you

I made this card for Steve for our forthcoming wedding anniversary and am entering the Less is More 'Dry Embossing' Challenge.  I'm also entering the Alphabet Challenge 'Y for You Choose' (I've chosen die cutting and embossing to make an anniversary card) and Sparkles Monthly Challenge 'Clean and Simple'.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white silk
Stamp: Hannelie's 'My heart belongs to you' digi (freebie from Hannelie's blog)
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Classic Heart'
Embossing: Xcut 'Small Polka Hearts folder
Card: Dark red embossed, white silk
Paper: White silk

I trimmed white card to a square, layered it onto red card and attached it to the centre of the card blank.  I die cut the largest Classic Heart and embossed it with the heart embossing folder.  This was attached to the centre with Pinflair glue so I could easily wriggle it to the centre of the card.  I printed Hannelie's sentiment onto white paper (frustratingly my printer is refusing to print onto the white card I've always used!) which was then glued onto white card, trimmed and attached it across the heart with foam tape.

For those who haven't seen Hannelie's blog, there are loads of fabulous sentiments you can download.

Kath x

14 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That's perfect.

Hope you have a nice evening and a weekend. Sue

Barb said...

Your card is lovely Kath. Enjoy your weekend. Barbxx

meg said...

perfect colour and card for a 40th anniversary

Mrs A. said...

Very apt card. I take it that it's for hubby!! Hugs Mrs A.

Carol S. said...

A lovely card and love the CAS design. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pat said...

This red and white is so elegant Kath and a great card for your husband on your anniversary, and the dry embossed hearts on the beautiful red heart is so pretty, and a great sentiment too. x

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS card, Kath. I love the simplicity of the design. Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. xx

Cazro said...

A beautiful card for an anniversary. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly for the CAS challenge. Also thanks for sharing your card with us at Alphabet Challenges for our Your Choice challenge. We do appreciate your support. Caz. DT.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles, good luck!!! Amy DT

Neets B said...

A heart of little hearts, perfect fore your anniversary.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Basslady said...

love your cas heart card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at Sparkles Monthly!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Valerija said...

Beautiful, a lovely sentiment.
Valerija xx

Jules said...

Hi Kath

A lovely card for your anniversary .. .. great design!

I wonder why your printer has decided not to play ball?!?!? GRRRR!!!

Love Jules xx

Hannelie said...

Wow! You made my sentiment look so beautiful!
Thanks for linking to my blog! I really appreciate it Kath!