Sunday 5 November 2017

Bargello Merry Christmas

A big thank you to Di for inviting me to be her Guest Designer at the fabulous Snippets Challenge - I love this challenge as it's a way of trying to keep my snippets mountain under control!  Amongst my many snippets I always seem to have a lot of thin strips so I've used some of these for the bargello background on my card.

I'm entering Crafty Friends 'Christmas' challenge, the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge 'Anything Christmas Goes', The Merry Christmas Challenge 'Anything Goes + Christmas'.



Card blank: 7" x 7" cream matt
Dies: Creative Expressions 'Contemporary Happy Christmas', Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Classic Ovals Large' & 'Lacey Ovals'
Embossing: Kars tan embossing mat
Other: White printer paper
Snippets: Lili of the Valley 'Woodland Wishes' Paper, cerise mirri and cream matt card

I trimmed eight different paper strips to 2cm width and glued them across a piece of white printer paper, ensuring the edges of the papers touched.  I then cut strips of various widths and laid them onto the table until I was happy with the 'V' patter.  I then glued them onto another piece of white printer paper.  I trimmed the finished design into a square before layering it onto a slightly larger snippet of cerise mirri card and attaching it to the centre of the card.  If you've never tried the bargello technique, there's a good tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers.

I die cut and embossed a cream oval and die cut 'Happy Christmas' from the centre.  This was layered onto a die cut and embossed Lacey Oval.  I then die cut 'Happy Christmas' from cerise mirri and inlaid it.  To ensure it was nice and flat I put a piece of white paper on top of the panel and ran it through my Cuttlebug again.  The finished panel was attached to the centre of the card with foam tape.

Kath x

19 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Lovely card.

Hope you are having a nice weekend. Sue

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your Bargello card Kath it really dies look like patchwork..

Anne

meg said...

Fantastic card Kath well worth all the work you put into it.

Valerija said...

Beautiful card. I love the dies you have used and the background.
Valerija xx

Pat said...

Congratulations on your GD spot over at the snippets playground Kath and what a beautiful and colourful background using this bargello technique and your pink inlaid sentiment layered onto the pretty SB die cut mats makes the perfect centrepiece. x

Linby said...

Congrats on being Di's GDT - love how you used your snippets, it's produced a great card.

Di said...

Thanks a million once again Kath for being GD in the Snippets Playground! Just going to update the link so that even when you post something new, folk will come to this post from my blog!

I do so love this card!

Hugs

Di xx

Lisa said...

Congrats on your GD spot!! This is so gorgeous!! The background looks amazing!! Wow!! Love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carol S. said...

An amazing card design and love the colours. Fabulous Kath. Carol S.xx

Janice said...

A fabulous card Kath. I’ve not heard of this technique before, it’s certainly a great way to use up snippets!
Janice x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a fabulous card Kath, I love the technique you've used and it's a great way to use up the leftovers.

Sue xx

Mrs A. said...

Love how this card has turned out and the colour combination looks fab. Love the inlaid greeting in the centre. What a focal point it makes. Hugs Mrs A.

Darnell said...

How wonderful to see you as the GD over at Pixie's, Kath! I enjoyed your introduction and that photo of you is a real stunner! I love that you have a little door mat! Why didn't I think of that in all the years we went camping and things were tracked into the camper?! And why didn't I think of running my inlaid artwork back through the die machine?! Slap!! Thank you for the inspiration and the tip! Hope you are feeling tip top!! Hugs, Darnell

Megan J said...

Hi Kath, congratulations on being a GD over at snippets playground, love the bargello technique you have used, I tried it out a few months ago and it was filed in the WBP, I might need to give it a second go with some Christmas papers.... have a wonderful week and thank you for the inspiration.... Megan

SewPaperPaint said...

Love the beautiful quilty effect in the bg and the sentiment inlaid! How pretty! Hugs, Autumn

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful Kath, love that look.xx[aNNie]🎄

Unknown said...

Fab card, love all the papers and the cerise mirri is really pretty
Hugs Kaz xx

MagsB said...

Oh how beautiful, Kath! A fabulous design, just perfect for snippets!! Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!

love Mags B x

Grietje said...

Beautiful card love how you used the paper to create this patern. Thank you for sharing it with us over at Crafty Friends. Hope to see you again our next challenge.

xx Grietje
Grietje's Kaartenhoekje
Crafty Friends DT