Sunday 5 February 2017

Branwen Briar

This week Darnell's NBUS challenge has the optional theme of 'Use Bubble Wrap' and I chose to use my NBUS 'Branwen Briar' die.  My first challenge was then to find some bubble wrap and my second was to photograph the card without having an image of me in the metallic circle! I'm also entering A Gem of a Challenge 'Add a Butterfly', Die Cut Divas 'Use Red or Pink' and Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge 'Anything Goes'.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white silk
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities ' Classic Scalloped Circles Large' Tonic Studios 'Branwen Briar', Tattered Lace 'Mini Sentiment'
Embossing: Kars tan embossing mat
Ink: Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid 
Card: Cerise metallic
Other: Bubble wrap

I inked the bubble wrap with the Orchid ink pad and stamped it onto white card.  I trimmed the square, layered it onto cerise metallic card and attached it to the card blank.  I die cut and embossed a cerise scalloped circle and attached it to the centre.  The Branwen Briar, mini butterfly and sentiment were die cut from white card and attached to the scalloped circle.

Kath x

11 comments:

Barb said...

A lovely card Katherine. Your die is very pretty and great bubble wrap stamped background. I love the colours too. Barbxx

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That's a lovely card.

Hope you've enjoyed your weekend and the week ahead is a good one. Sue

Arlene said...

What a unique challenge and I love the bubble wrap images for the background. A beautiful card.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

meg said...

A smashing background Kath, love the colour you chose to use, the metallic circle and die cut look perfect against it.

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Kath, your bubble wrap background is fabulous.
Pauline
x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card, super colours and a great die. love the the colours the mirri card.

Kath x

Pat said...

This is very pretty Kath and I love the soft pink you have used with the bubble wrap in the background and the stronger coloured pink mirri card which you have used for the mat and under layer, and the lovely die cut butterfly flourish and sentiment stand out beautifully in the white. x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful die and card Kath, rather swooshie and classy.xx{aNNie}

Sue said...

Such a fabulous design and I love the colours too.
Thank you for taking part in a Gem of a Challenge
Sue xx

Darnell said...

You really made a cohesive design with your bubble wrap background and the mirri circle focal point! It's beautiful, Kath!! Thank you very much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10 and joining in the optional theme! Hugs, Darnell

Cara said...

Such a stylish card, love it.
Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Cara DT x