Tuesday 11 October 2016

Thank You

I made this card for the current Butterfly Challenge 'C is for Checkered and/or Cyan'.  I am also entering the Cuttlebug Mania 'Thank You' challenge and as the paper and card are from my snippets drawer I'm heading over to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.



Card blank: 6" x 6" white silk
Dies: Cheery Lynn 'Thank You', Tattered Lace 'Mini Butterfly', Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large and Classic Scalloped Circles Large
Embossing: Kars tan embossing mat
Other: Self adhesive shimmer dots
Snippets: Cyan (or as near as I could find to cyan) and white matt card, Lili of the Valley 'Promises' paper

I trimmed a piece of checkered paper, layered it onto cyan card and attached it to the card front.  I die cut and embossed a white circle and then die cut 'Thank You' in the centre.  I attached double sided tape across the back and then inlaid a cyan 'Thank You'.  This was attached to a scalloped die cut, embossed circle and attached to the card front.  I die cut a mini butterfly and attached it to the lower section of the circle. To finish I attached shimmer dots to the top and bottom corners.

Kath x

16 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Love CAS thank you card Kath...

Anne

brenda said...

That soft pinky colour works really well with the cyan Kath, pretty card again.

B x

Christine Harrop said...

A lovely CAS card Kath. Christine x

Sue said...

Lovely card Kath. Sue

Mrs A. said...

I love the purple.mauve checkered paper against the cyan. I like the inlaid sentiment too. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

Super die cutting Kath. Lovely card.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

A very pretty card Kath. I love the inlaid die cutting. Barbxx

!neke said...

Great card !!!!!
great die cutting !!!!

Carol S. said...

Great card and love the colours and papers. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pat said...

This is a very pretty and elegant card Kath and the colours are really beautiful. I love the way you have inlaid the sentiment and used that sweet little butterfly and the shimmer dots. x

Di said...

Absolutely lovely card Kath! The die cutting is beautiful, especially inlaying the sentiment - a really elegant result.

Hugs

Di xx

Valerija said...

Beautiful card.
Valerija xx

meg said...

Beautiful Thank You card Kath, the papers and sentiment are a beautiful colour and suit the CAS style so well.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Kath, love the die and the way you've paper pieced it.

Sue xx

Janice said...

Gorgeous card Kath, I love the colours and the inlaid die.
Janice x

cotnob said...

This is so pretty Kath, such lovely colours.
Pauline
x