Saturday 20 June 2015

Snowman and snowflakes

I love these Lili of the Valley toppers as they make quick and cute cards.   This card was made for the current Christmas Cards All Year Round 'Snowman' challenge.  I'm also entering Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge and, having read Hazel's comment, I'm also entering Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white silk 
Image: Lili of the Valley 'The Perfect Snowman' pre-coloured topperDie: Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Lacy Squares'
Punch: Woodware Snowflake
Embossing: Kars tan embossing mat
Card: Silver mirri
Paper: Blue and white snowflake 
Other: Clear gems, Wink of Stella

I layered the snowflake paper onto silver mirri card and attached it to the card blank.  I die-cut and embossed the lacy square from silver mirri before trimming the topper so it fit inside the embossed area of the square.   I layered the topper onto the lacy square and attached it to the centre of the card blank.  I punched three small snowflakes from the blue paper, attached them to the card and added small clear gems to the centre.  To finish I outlined the snowman, snow and the pale blue areas of the clothing with a Wink of Stella.

Kath x

3 comments:

Jo said...

Love this, just bought some LOTV toppers.....now just need some time to craft lol.
Jo x

Liz said...

Gorgeous colour scheme. I love blue and silver for Christmas cards. Such a cute topper too. xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR June challengem also my Patterned Paper June challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too. x