Sunday 7 April 2013

Merry Christmas Bella

One of the many cards in my upcyling Christmas card box is the one I made for my sister last year.  I peeled the image from the card and used it to make this card for the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown sketch challenge.  I'm also entering it into Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 'Use the Word Christmas' and Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra 'Anything goes as long as it's Christmas'.


Upcycled Christmas card
Woodware Crafty Edger Ribbon Cassette
Red mirri card and green spot card
Gems

I used the ribbon cassette on a piece of red mirri and trimmed it to size.  This was layered with green spot card and attached to the card front.  Following the sketch, I attached the image using foam tape.   To finish, I attached three red gems.

Kath x

10 comments:

Sue said...

Really fab 'C' card:)

Deborah Frings said...

This is a really cute card! Love the image and traditional Christmas colours. Thanks for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Patricia Hays said...

How cute is this!?! I like how you rotated the sketch, too. Thanks for joining in this week's challenge at 52{C}CT!

Danielle Vincent said...

Darling!! I love how you rotated the sketch - it's Fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

Hazel said...

Lovely card, Kath - love the cute image - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. X

Mynn xx said...

This is SO cute, Kath! LOVE the darling image and I adore the fabulous metallic! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Louise van Vuren said...

Reycling - great idea, and it's such a cute image too. Love the snowy paper and the red mirri card - great combo. Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT

Louise xx

Ruth M said...

What a sweet Christmas card Kath, I love the festive red mirror card! Great take on our sketch layout! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

sarahstone said...

What a gorgeous card! I really like the colors and the polka dot paper. And what a great idea to upcycle a card that was already used! Thanks for joining in with us at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown!

Jules said...

Hi Kath

I am so behind with all my blog visiting I nearly missed this little beauty.

I love that green spot card very much.

Hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx