Thursday 11 October 2012

Popcorn the Bear

This week's 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown is a sketch (I find sketches are great when I want to make a card but my mind has gone blank!).  This card was made by following the sketch and using oddments of Popcorn the Bear papers.


I layered cream script paper (not a Christmas paper, but the colour co-ordinated with Popcorn) onto silver mirri card.  This was then attached to a square card blank.  I die-cut circles from scraps of Popcorn paper and also one from blue snowflake paper (all magazine freebies)  These were attached to silver scalloped mirri circles.  I used Majestic Blue Versafine ink to stamp the sentiment onto the blue snowflake paper - the sentiment is from Hobby Art's 'Christmas Greetings' set.  I used a Woodware snowflake punch to cut two snowflakes from the silver mirri card.  I assembled the card following the sketch layout.  To finish, I used a white Sakura glaze pen to highlight the snowflakes on the sentiment circle.

Kath x

7 comments:

Ruth M said...

A lovely card Kath, the mirri card gives such a fab shine! Lovely touch to stamp your sentiment onto snowflake paper!
Thanks so much for joining us at 52 {C}CT for our sketch challenge! Ruth x

Sue said...

Really nice and always good to use up oddments.

Mynn xx said...

Aww...so sweet!!! LOVE those darling bears--and the metallic card is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Patty Gorka said...

Super cute bears, I really like how you layered them onto the silver. Wonderful holiday card! Thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT!

chrissy xx said...

What a cutie! It's GOrgeous Kath.
LOve it....great take on the design.
Chrissyxx

Danielle Vincent said...

Ohhhh I love popcorn the bear and what a cute way to use him with our sketch. Thanks so much for joining us with your fabulous card this week at 52CCT!

Sue said...

Kath, Thanks for popping in to my blog. I have sent you another invite to my group, as I've not had anything from you via eBay. Don't know your email, so can't contact direct. Sue