Sunday 12 August 2012

Christmas Nativity

This week's Winter Wonderland challenge is 'Photo Inspiration'.   The photo is gold and there is a nativity scene, so I decided to incorporate both into my card.


I covered the square card blank with dark blue paper which had small white stars on it as this matches the sky in my image.   I then attached a square of dark brown mirri card in the centre.  I used my Woodware Crafty Edger with the Star Party cassette to cut a piece of gold glitter paper - this was attached across the card over the mirri (I used a couple of scraps of mirri, so this strip covered the join).   I then attached the nativity image (saved from one of my last year's Christmas cards) onto the mirri.  To finish, I used some of the Star Party stars to decorate the top of the card.

Kath x

6 comments:

Sue said...

Nice card Kath. Still can't get my head to think of Christmas yet:)

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous interpretation of the photo, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Jules said...

Hi Kath

A really lovely Christmas card.

I love the dark background very much.

I hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Squirrel x said...

Great photo inspired card hun, thank you so much for playing along at Winter Wonderland this week. Hugs Sxx

Kim x said...

What a great bit of recycling.
Thanks for all the lovely comments.
hugs Kimx

Helen said...

Love it, Kath. Thanks for your lovely comment and for becoming a follower on my blog - I'll be popping back to see more of your lovely creations.

Helen x