Wednesday 18 July 2012

Merry Christmas

This month's Sparkles Christmas Challenge is a sketch.  The holly image is upcycled from one of last year's Christmas cards.

I cut around the image and attached it to red cardstock.  I layered green spot paper to red cardstock and then attached it to my card blank.  I cut three strips of red card and used my Woodware Squared Corner Cutter punch to cut small indents into one end of each strip.  Following the sketch, I attached the strips to the card with double sided tape and the holly image with foam tape.   The red sentiment was cut from another old Christmas card and attached to red cardstock before being attached to the bottom of the card.  To finish, I attached three green pearls to the ends of the card strips.

Kath x

2 comments:

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card
Thank you for joining in the fun at Sparkles Christmas challenges for our * Sketch * challenge
Hope you will join us again & good luck in the draw
Hugs Shaz x

Kim x said...

Old Christmas cards are brilliant aren't they. Some of them are brilliant for ideas. I always try and do a bit of recycling.
Thanks for stopping by.
hugs Kimx