Sunday 15 April 2012

It's a Girl - or Boy!

A friend's daughter is due to have a baby next week and we're guessing she will have a girl, so I made this card.


I covered a square card blank with pink stripe at the top and green spot paper at the bottom, covering the join with a strip of pink heart paper.   The elephant and sentiment images were matted onto pink Moondust card and attached to the card front with double sided tape.   All the papers and images were magazine freebies. I used a Woodware daisy punch to make three small flowers and used tacky glue to attach them to the top left of the card front.   I then added small pearls to the centre of the flowers and made a small white bow to decorate the image.

Even though we think she will have a girl, I'm taking no chances of having to make a last minute card - so I made a similar card in case she has a boy!


The card was made in the same way, although I matted the image and sentiment onto turquoise and dark green card before attaching them to the card front.  The small bow was attached to the elephant image as I was using a scrap of card and there was a small cut in it - so the bow covered it up!  To finish, I printed a greeting onto white pearlescent paper and attached it to the inside of the cards.

Kath x

3 comments:

judiths crafts said...

Lovely cards and am sure which ever one your friend recieves she will be delighted

Kath said...

Thanks for your comment Judith. It's a girl (as we guessed) and they've named her Ciara Margaret.
Kath x

Julie said...

Great cards Kath, I don't see any way you can improve on them they are both gorgeous.