Tuesday 3 January 2012

Red Wedding Card

A wedding card with a difference:


I attached a square of red card to a white square card blank.   I then matted a square of love bird backing paper to the red card - these papers were a magazine freebie.   I cut out a poem and used an inverted punch on the corners, this was glued to a slightly larger piece of red card and the corners were shaped with the inverted corner punch.   I then attached this to the card front.  I attached a large heart to the front of the card with double sided tape.   I then attached one small heart and one floral stem to the card front with 1mm foam tape to give a 3D effect.

Kath x

6 comments:

judiths crafts said...

Love that Kath and so different from the usual sort, I bet the lady loved it.

Judith x

Kath said...

Hi Judith
The wedding is in a couple of weeks, so I hope they like the card.
Kath x

Beckie said...

Such a beautiful card and I love how you have put the verse onto it. It looks so effective. They are going to love it.

Love Bex xx

Kath said...

Thanks Bex - I hope they like it too!
Kath x

Alli Devine said...

This is gorgeous Kath and a refreshing change from the usual pastels creams and whites associated with wedding cards. I am sure the Happy Couple will love it
Alli D

Kath said...

Thanks for your comments Alli.
Kath x