Saturday 6 May 2017

You're how old?

I made this card for my brother-in-law's birthday.  I'm entering Seize the Birthday 'Anything Goes' challenge and Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge 'Anything Goes.  The card and paper are from my snippets drawer so I'm also heading into the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: White silk DL
Stamp: Woodware 'Numbers'
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia
Colouring: Promarkers
Snippets:  Green mirri and white silk card, brown paper

I attached a strip of brown paper across the card blank.  I then stamped the numbers and sentiments onto white card and trimmed the top and bottom.  This was layered onto brown paper and green mirri card before being attached across the middle of the card.  To finish I coloured B-i-L's age with a bright green Promarker.

Kath x

15 comments:

Carol S. said...

Brilliant idea and great design. Simple but fabulous!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pat said...

This is such a great idea Kath with all the numbers and the birthday numbers coloured green, and these numbers are complemented perfectly by the green mirri card in the background which works well. x

Nancy Soetaert said...

great crard!

Stamps and Paper said...

Brilliant card Kath and a but different

Anne

Maria Valente said...

Fabulous card! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges.
Mary

Sue said...

Hi Kath, A fab card, especially if you can't remember the recipients age:) LOL

Hope you have a nice day. Sue

meg said...

Fantastic card Kath

Jean said...

Great card, loving how you have made his age stand out.
Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
Jean xxx

Sarn said...

Brilliant male snippets birthday card xxx

Di said...

I love this idea Kath! So useful and also really striking.

Great to see you in the Playground again!

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Pssst, I KNEW I'd seen this fabulous idea from you before. Love it anyhow and showing again is a swift reminder that I meant to look for that stamp ages ago. I wonder, how would one cope with(say) 43 as the age? :)

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Di said...

Double psssst! I was so taken with with this, and knowing we have a few late teens Birthdays coming up in the family, I managed to order one from The Stamp Man. Ooopsie, and another one for the Playground just happened to hop into the basket at the same time :)

Hugs

Di xx

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Love this image and design - Very Clever! Thanks for sharing your talent at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge!

Michelle said...

What a great idea!! Especially for a masculine card!

Thanks for joining us @ Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge! Hope to see you back again soon :)