Friday 18 September 2015

A Country Christmas

The current challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round is 'A Country Christmas'.  I always like red and kraft for 'country style' cards and have used several magazine freebies and upcycled twine for my card.  I'm also entering Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge where 'Anything Goes'.


Card blank: 6" x 6" kraft
Stamp: Hot off the Press (magazine freebie)
Die: Nordic Christmas (magazine freebie)
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia
Card: Red card
Paper: BoBunny papers (magazine freebie)
Other: Upcycled red twine (from a packet of biscuits!)

I trimmed the paper to size, layered it onto red card and stamped the sentiment in the bottom corner.   I die-cut the heart from a sheet of patterned paper from the same pack and fastened the twine behind the heart before attaching it to the square.   The end of the twin was fastened behind the patterned square before I attached it to the card blank.  To finish, I attached a small twine bow to the heart.

Kath x

13 comments:

Sue said...

Kath, I love this even more as you have four elements that were freebies:)

Hope you are having a fab Friday. Sue

Jean said...

Lovely festive card Kath, you have made good use of your magazine freebies, I love the heart die cut.
Jean x

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love the image and your bps. Thanks for joining us at CHPPC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyx

cotnob said...

A beautiful Christmas card Kath, such a lovely country feel.
Pauline
x

MaryH said...

This is a beautifully subtled patterned paper, and shows off your leaping stag just great. I also like the die cut heart ornament...and the way you've placed the stag over the 'border trim' (which may be part of your paper pattern instead of an added border) ..created a lot of dimension & interest. Terrific card. TFS & Hugs

Sarn said...

Very nice indeed.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

KandA said...

Wonderful christmas card and fabulous use of your magazine freebies xx

scrappymo! said...

This is such a pretty Christmas card. I love that die...so delicate and pretty!

scrappymo! said...

This is such a pretty Christmas card. I love that die...so delicate and pretty!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR September challenge and my Patterned Paper September challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

Sally H said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card, Kath. Love the non trad colours

Rosina said...

A wonderful Christmas card .... beautiful in these colors and also the deer and Christmas are a very nice detail
Thank you join this challenge
greetings Rosina
guest designer CCAYR

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous cards Kath
Congrats on winning
Hugs Sylvie xx