Friday 17 April 2015

Vintage Christmas

This week's Merry Monday challenge is 'Let's Get Vintage'.   Trying to find something vintage was a challenge in itself, but I found this topper in my snippets drawer which had originally come from 'Making Cards Traditional Christmas' magazine.  I'm also paying a visit to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 6" x 4" silk 
Die:  Memory Box 'Simple Buckles'
Card: Gold mirri
Other: Wink of Stella
Snippets: Red paper, topper, green ribbon

I die-cut a buckle from gold mirri and threaded it onto green ribbon.  The red paper was layered onto gold mirri card and the ribbon attached to the right side before it was attached to the card front.   I layered the topper onto gold mirri before attaching it to the card front.  To finish, I added a Wink of Stella to the bells, holly and mistletoe on the topper.

Kath x

8 comments:

Sue said...

Kath, Your Christmas box must be filling up fast. Another lovely card.

Hope you've had a fab Friday. Sue

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
what a very lovely Christmas card.
lovely design, and wonderful image too.
I thought that buckle was real till I read your write up.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jean said...

This is gorgeous just the kind of Chrismas card I really like.
Jean x

cotnob said...

A beautiful Christmas card Kath, such a lovely traditional image.
Pauline
x

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Gorgeous image! Love the pattern paper and ribbon buckle - very vintage!!

Di said...

Wonderful card Kath! I too thought the buckle was a real one - a perfect image as well.

Hugs

Di xx

KandA said...

This is lovely Kath. That is a wonderful topper and it looks fabulous on the red paper xx

Bonnie said...

I love this holly scene, Kath! It reminds me of a Christmas card from the 50's! Love that buckle and how it's cut from mirro! You have the shine without the bulk and weight! Brilliant! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!