Tuesday 28 April 2015

Butterfly and Lace

The current Butterfly Challenge is 'L for Lace' and as I found this lace at the bottom of my snippet drawer so I'm also in the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 7" x 7" kraft 
Die: Memory Box 'Pippi Butterfly'
Card: Pink matt 
Paper: Craftwork Cards 'Botanica' (magazine freebie)
Other: Wink of Stella
Snippets: Lace and green ribbon 

I threaded the thin green ribbon through the lace and, as the lace was only a snippet, I cut my paper slightly smaller than the ribbon to allow it to wrap around the sides.  The paper was layered onto pink card before I wrapped the lace around the bottom section and then attached to the card front.   I die-cut a butterfly from pink card and attached it to the lower corner of the card.   To finish, I applied a Wink of Stella on the butterfly and the centre of the pink flower.

Kath x

11 comments:

Di said...

Oh how pretty Kath! A lovely design and stunning background paper. I thought you'd stamped it!

Hugs

Di xx

mamapez5 said...

That is such a pretty paper Kath. I love poppies. Like Di, I thought it was stamped until I read your list of materials. The lace border is perfect to go with it too. Kate x

Mrs A. said...

Oh my oh my this is stunning. I just love that paper. Looks great layered up on the pink. Thankyou for finding the time to flutter by. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue said...

Beautiful. Seem to recall you sending me one with this love image.

Hope you've had a good day. Sue

Liz said...

What fabulous paper! The butterfly looks lovely in the same colour as the flower. Beautiful card.
Liz - Butterfly Challenge #29 - Guest Designer xx

KandA said...

This is gorgous Kath, I love the pretty paper and the lace and ribbon finish it perfectly xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
oh what a fab creation.
Love that fab paper, and your wonderful design.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Kath, I love the way you have threaded the lace with ribbon, it really makes it stand out.
Pauline
x

AlisonC said...

This paper is just beautiful and the butterfly matches perfectly.

Sarn said...

Great card . . . worthy of being showcased over at the Playground xxx

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card, Kath. Like Di, I love that patterned paper and the lace threaded with ribbon makes the perfect embellishment. Elizabeth xx