Sunday 25 January 2015

January Rudolph Day

I was over the moon when ScrappyMo invited me to be one of her Guest Designers for the January Rudolph Day.

Rudolph Day runs from the 25 to 31 January and the theme is 'Anything Goes as long as it's Christmas'.  The winner will be chosen by random draw on 1 February and this month the prize is a fabulous Memory Box die - so make sure you join in the fun!

My Rulolph Day cards are quick and simple as they are usually the ones that I make in batches and this card is no exception.



Card blank: 6" x 4" white silk 
Stamps: Magenta 'Floral Holiday Trio' and Woodware 'Snow is Falling'
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
Colouring: Promarkers
Card: Red mirri and white silk card
Other: Wink of Stella

I stamped the image onto white card and coloured it with Promarkers.   This was then trimmed to size, layered onto red mirri card and attached to the card blank.  The sentiment was stamped directly onto the front of the card.  To finish, I outlined the the image with Wink of Stella.

Kath x

16 comments:

scrappymo! said...

This is so lovely! The colours are wonderful on your pretty images.
Thanks for all your hep with the challenge...I really appreciate it.
Crafty hugs
Maureen

Di said...

Love this card Kath! So fresh and great for batch baking :-)

Hugs

Di xx

LesleyG said...

A striking card, very we'll colored in xxx

Sue said...

Such a pretty card Kath.

Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

Carol L said...

I love cards with trios of squares or circles, and what I love most about this is how the images are spilling out of their little boxes! Beautiful card!

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous Christmas card Kath, a fabulous CAS design.
Pauline
x

MaryH said...

Kath, this is cheery, bright & looks anything but simple. Love that the one layer is easy postage and it's just simply beautiful! TFS & Hugs

Bonnie said...

A beautiful stamp and beautifully colored, Kath! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sarn said...

I love this panelled card and you've coloured it beautifully.
Congrats on your DT spot for Rudolph Day with Mo.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

mamapez5 said...

A lovely card for Rudolph Day. I love the simplicity,and ´clean´look of this card. Kate x

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card, Kathy. I love the clean simplicity of the design and your colouring is fab. Elizabeth xx

Pia S said...

This is a beautiful CAS style card!! The red mirri card is a great touch. I like everything about this design and layout.

Carol said...

A beautiful CAS card Kathy perfect for Rudolph Day. Carol x

KandA said...

This is gorgous Kath. A super CAS design and the stamp is wonderful xx

Brenda said...

Congrats on your GD spot at the Jan. Rudolph Challenge Kath!! I love, love your card. That image is so pretty and I love the way you have colored it. The mirri paper really makes it stand out. Very beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

Jean said...

A fabulous CAS card, I love the christmassy colours and elegant design.
I have just had a browse through some of your other cards and they are all lovely. I am now your newest follower.
Jean x