Wednesday 10 December 2014

My final 2014 Christmas card

Here is my final 2014 Christmas card - for my OH.   I've used the stamp he bought me for my birthday as he's always said he loves the cards I make with it - I hope he means it!  I made this for the final 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Challenge of the year which is to pick any challenge from 2014 - I've chosen the March Theme Challenge - Stars.  It also fits with the last Crafty Cardmakers challenge of the year which is 'Christmas'.


Woodware Bubble Bloom - Festive Tree
Docrafts Me to You sentiment stamps 
Crafts-Too Twinkle embossing folder
Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
Diamond Stickles
Wink of Stella pen
Card Candi - Westminster
Gold nail heads
Gold mirri card 

I embossed a piece of white card with stars, layered it onto gold mirri card and attached it to the card front.  The tree was stamped onto white card, layered onto gold mirri and attached to the left side of the card.  I decorated the tree with Candi, nail heads and Stickles, adding a Wink of Stella on the tree trunk and branches.   The sentiment was stamped onto white card, layered onto gold mirri and attached to the card front with foam pads.

Kath x

7 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

This is fabulous. I really like the starry background and the beautiful Christmas tree. I'm sure your husband will love the card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Sue said...

That's so pretty and very elegant in the gold colours.

Hope you have a nice day. Sue

ELFi said...

What a great idea, I love your stunning card!
Have a good weekend,
ELFi

Fabiola said...

très charmante création Kath, or et blanc quelle élégance, je te souhaite de merveilleuses fêtes en famille, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh wow...how gorgeous!! Love that tree and your clean design. Hubby should love it! Thanks for joining our December challenge at 52CCT!

Lin said...

Your card candi tree is very elegant.

Thanks for sharing with us. Happy Christmas

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Sally Dodger said...

A beautiful card. I love you Candi Tree ans your colour combination. The embossed background is great too. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More. Sally D.x.