Sunday 2 September 2012

Christmas Bell

This week's Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge is Christmas Bells.   I've recently watched a demo for paper piecing and thought I would try it with my Woodware Holly Bell Stamp and my paper snippets.


I covered a white card blank with dark red paper and added a strip of co-ordinating paper across the square.   The Holly Bell was stamped onto a piece of white card - I masked the top of the bell as I wanted to add a ribbon bow and not the bow on the stamp.  I used my Woodware squared corner punch on the corners of the white card.  I stamped the bell onto gold spot paper, the ribbon onto gold check paper and the clanger onto dark brown paper.   The holly leaves were stamped onto dark green paper.  After assembling the various paper pieces, I attached the square to the card front and used a black Sakura Glaze gel pen to add dots and dashes around the edge.  To finish, I added three white pearls and a dark green bow.

Kath x

3 comments:

Hazel said...

That's a classy card - love the elegant bell and it's great that you used a ribbon bow instead of the stamped one. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 88 - hope to see you again soon. x

Berit Synnøve said...

Fabulous card. Love your paper piecing and your bow.
Thanks for joining CHNC.
Hugs Berit - GDT

Ruth said...

The paper piecing looks great! Wonderful card!