Sunday 20 May 2012

Baby Girl Gift Cot

I've just finished making the first item for my 3D unit of the Certificate in Papercrafts - a baby girl gift cot.


I used a template available to students of the Craft Qualification Centre and printed it onto Centura Pearl card.  I covered the ends of the cot with pink flower paper from a Fizzy Moon paper pack and I coloured the inside of the cot with Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid ink pad to co-ordinate with the flower paper.  I inked the edges of the cot shape with the Orchid ink pad - this not only covered the white edges but will also draw the eye away from any less than perfect cutting!  I used Fizzy Moon toppers and glitter ribbon to decorate the cot and also added two small lemon brads to the ribbon.

The box section was covered in lemon/pink spot paper and then assembled following the instructions with the template.  I used a lemon brad as a handle for the drawer.   This was then attached to the cot sides.  I used lemon/pink flower paper from the same Fizzy Moon paper pad as a 'blanket' on the cot and cut the edges with Fiskars Victorian paper edgers.

Kath x

No comments: