Sunday 12 February 2012

Wedding Easel Card

I made this card for a friend's wedding and was so pleased with the result - as it was the first easel card I had made - that I made another card to submit for my Unit One assignment.  The idea for using this stamp on an easel card came from Crafty Debs.


I made an easel card from white Moondust card and used Hot of the Press Icy Rainbow paper to cover the inside of the card.   I used the bride and groom and sentiment stamp from Woodware's Getting Married set to stamp the main image and the easel stopper.  These were layered onto purple Moondust card and the image was coloured with Promarkers.   As the Icy Rainbow paper is single sided, I glued two pieces together and when they were dry I punched the large and small daisies and made leaves from a scrap of green paper.   I shaped the flowers and glued a small daisy into a larger one and then added a small pearl to the centre to make the flowers, I then glued leaves to the back of the flowers and attached them to the card front.  A purple heart on the easel and a white heart on the base finished the card.  I then made a box from white Moondust card and stamped the flowers from the same set onto the top of the box and coloured them to match the main image.

As I am going to submit this card for Unit One of the Certificate in Papercraft, I would welcome feedback on my card, please.

Kath x

3 comments:

Beckie said...

I love the whole thing, the colours are beautiful and love how you have done a matching box. You wouldn't have guessed it was your first one. Love Bex xxx

ike said...

Delightful - love the colours and that pretty little image. :-)

I would leave more comments but this double word verification drives me nuts - I can't read half of them and have to retry about 4 times to get one right :-(
So sorry :-( :-(

Kath said...

Thanks for the comments. I've now turned off word verification, so hopefully it will be okay in the future.
Kath x