Sunday 26 February 2012

Jenigami Tortoise

I wanted to make a 3D item for my Unit One assessment so made this tortoise using a freebie download from Jenigami   


I downloaded the tortoise template and printed two copies onto First Edition Spring Feast scrapbooking card.  After cutting out the sections I glued them together to give the tortoise more strength.   I used Diamond Stickles to highlight flowers on the shell and distressed the edge of the tortoise body.  I glued the feet onto the bottom of the body sections and doodled around the edges.   Wobbly eyes were attached to the head before the sections were assembled using the instructions from the download.  Jenigami papercraft items fold flat so I used a co-ordinating scrapbooking card to make a wallet for the finished tortoise.   This was fastened with a brad and ribbon.


Assessor Jackie, gave me a good tip for improving this design and I thought I would share it in case anyone is thinking of making anything similar.   If the outline cutting is a little rough, it is better to distress with ink as this will draw the eye in away from the edge, rather than using a file to expose the core (as I did) as this will draw the eye to the edge.  I hope this helps!

Kath x

4 comments:

Beckie said...

That is so cute, I love the papers you have used and the matching wallet to put it in.

ike said...

Wahahahaha - AWESOME !! This fella is sooo cute it made me laugh :-D I love the papers you used and the wallet is inspirational. You rock !! Thank you for the link too - I went over and snagged me some :-D xxx

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.