Sunday 15 January 2012

Clematis Birthday Card

I was asked to make a pretty birthday card with flowers and decided to use these pretty Magenta clematis peel-offs.  I had made one of these cards in a workshop at Japonica last year and liked the finished card, so decided to make another one.  I'm thinking of submitting this card as one of the items for Unit One of the Certificate in Papercraft, so I would welcome feedback, please.


To make the card I put the main clematis peel-off onto a piece of white linen card and rounded the corners.   This was attached to a larger piece of pink linen card which had been embossed with Swiss Dots and also had rounded corners.   The other clematis flowers were stuck onto white linen card for the decoupaged image.  I used the reverse image of the peel-offs to decorate the square white linen card blank and also some of the small dots from the peel-off sheet.  I coloured the image with coloured pencils as I wanted a 'soft' finish.  I rubbed the wrong side of the flowers to give them shape and then attached them to the main flower with foam pads.  The clematis topper was then attached to the left side of the card blank.  I attached a peel-off greeting to white linen card and attached this to a piece of pink linen card which had also been embossed with Swiss Dots and had rounded corners.  This was attached with foam tape as I wanted it to be raised from the card blank to offset the decoupaged clematis image.   I then attached a small pink bow, this matched the coloured pink card and the white spots highlighted the embossed card and also the peel-off

Kath x

3 comments:

Alli Devine said...

Kath, I just popped in from the craft qualification centre forum.

The colouring on the decoupaged peel offs is lovely and you achieved the soft effect you were looking for.

I really like that you used the inside of the peel off flowers as corner accents on this piece, I am a huge fan of wasting absolutely nothing when I craft.

Good luck with your unit 1
Alli D xx

Kath said...

Hi Alli
Thanks for your feedback and lovely comments.
Kath x

Roselass55 said...

Hi Kath,
This is a lovely card, I think the use of the pink card and the decoupage of the main floral image are very effective.
Jackie